- 1 ：無明：2001/08/04(土) 09:36 ID:35GR/unA
- 2 ：無明：2001/08/04(土) 09:43 ID:35GR/unA
- 3 ：netomoで毎日チャット：2001/08/04(土) 09:53 ID:.z1UM0pY
In 1951, the United States, England and other allied countries
signed Treaty of Peace with Japan in San Francisco and abandoned
war reparation claims. Next year Republic of China also agreed to
follow this action and its communist successor, People's Republic
of China officially abandoned claims in Japan-China Joint
Communique when China and Japan restored diplomatic relations
- 4 ：netomoで毎日チャット：2001/08/04(土) 09:54 ID:.z1UM0pY
- Japan was not legally obliged to compensate for the Soviet
Union since the Soviet violated Soviet-Japan Non aggression
Pact and invaded Japan's territory to occupy its islands
eventually just days before Tokyo made an unconditional
surrender to Allied Forces.
The Soviet Union, however, officially announced
abandonment of its claim in Soviet-Japan Joint Declaration
- 5 ：netomoで毎日チャット：2001/08/04(土) 09:54 ID:.z1UM0pY
- The Japanese government accepted the claims from countries
such as the Philippines, South Vietnam, Burma and Indonesia
and paid 478.4 billion yen.
Before long, Japan also paid North Vietnam, then Unified
Vietnam later, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Mongolia.
Japan also paid Netherlands solatium for detained civilians in Indonesia.
- 6 ：netomoで毎日チャット：2001/08/04(土) 09:55 ID:.z1UM0pY
- In regard of Korea, Japan's legal responsibility was not
clear in terms of international law since the country was
not "invaded" but officially annexed by Japan in 1910 with
the international community (America and European countries)
officially accepting the move and therefore Korea legally
never engaged in any warfare with Japan.
- 7 ：netomoで毎日チャット：2001/08/04(土) 09:56 ID:.z1UM0pY
- But South Korea and Japan agreed to solve the war-time
issue in 1965 and Tokyo paid 108 billion yen to Seoul.
Korea's military regime distributed some part of this
compensation among citizens who lost their family members
drafted by the Japanese army during the occupation.
Japan also officially gave up the properties of its
government, companies and nationals in South Korea.
- 8 ：netomoで毎日チャット：2001/08/04(土) 10:08 ID:.z1UM0pY
- Taiwan's war reparation claim remained to be discussed and
settled after its peace treaty with Japan. However,
the action hasn't been taken yet as a result of rupture
of diplomatic relations between two countries after the
Communist China and Japan restored relations.
Therefore, all the international war reparation issues
Japan faced after the war have been solved with every
country concerned except for Taiwan and North Korea
- 9 ：netomoで毎日チャット：2001/08/04(土) 10:09 ID:.z1UM0pY
- Taiwan is known for its less anti-Japan attitude than
China or South Korea and this leads many Japanese to
believe their country should restore the diplomatic
relations with Taiwan and compensation talks.
North Korea, however, remains as the most difficult
country for Tokyo to settle with and two countries have no
diplomatic relation as of 2001.
Tokyo-Pyongyang relationship has been troubled by North
Korea's kidnappings of Japanese citizens including children
and missile program. The international community is also
concerned about possibly disturbing consequence of
Japanese money in the hand of the closed communist country
if compensation made.
- 10 ：netomoで毎日チャット：2001/08/04(土) 10:09 ID:.z1UM0pY
- According to a research of the National Diet Library in
Tokyo in 1993, Japan has paid 645.8 billion yen as WW2
reparation. Allied Forces confiscated 165 million yen
assets in Japan and took over Japan's 379.5 billion yen
oversea assets as compensation.
In total, Japan paid approximately 1 trillion yen for
(In 1947, Japanﾕs national budget was 114.5 billion yen.)
Besides, some part of Japan's loan to Asian countries after
the war, 448.8 billion yen, was tied to compensation.
Tokyo has also kept its large-size ODA (Official
Development Assistance aid) policy and 6 trillion yen
has been paid to China so far.
- 11 ：netomoで毎日チャット：2001/08/04(土) 10:18 ID:.z1UM0pY
- Although Japanese government called it "humanitarian act",
not compensation,Japan paid condolence money to Korean-
Russian residents in Sakhalin,Korean victims of Hiroshima
and Nagasaki nuclear attacks and Taiwanese soldiers who are
known as "former Japanese soldiers" and their families.
As for controversial issue of Korean women claiming that
they were forced to work as prostitutes, South Korean
President Kim Young Sam stated that the country will not
demand Japan's compensation. But Japanese lawyers and the
Socialist Party, the Communist Party and other left-wing
groups in Japan are leading massive campaigns for another
- 12 ：温泉：2001/08/04(土) 23:59 ID:TqXu6Cfg
／ ⌒ ヾ
/ 八 ）
| ノ ﾍ /|
| ゝ ｀ ´( ニダ！！！
（6し ( _ゝ)
ゝヽ へ (
- 13 ：カゴメ：2001/08/05(日) 00:20 ID:cRcLO3Fw
- 14 ：杉作K太郎：2001/08/05(日) 00:35 ID:cAyR/TBo
read.cgi ver 05.04.00 2017/10/04 Walang Kapalit ★
FOX ★ DSO(Dynamic Shared Object)